Monday, April 03, 2006

because of brother andrew

because of guest speaker brother andrew, i unearthed a great and ugly source of pride in myself. brother andrew came to love and encourage our church and its members today, but my heart was unwilling to be loved by him.

do i feel i do not need his encouragement because i see him as too old fashion or just too chinese?
...or do i not respect him simply because i don't think he understands the area of meadowview?
...or do i resent the fact that he is placed to oversee a church that he "does not understand?"
...or was it simply the fact that he believed a junior and adult choir was the blessings of a growing modern church?

in loving some neighbors unlike myself in meadowview, i have discovered this ugly pride that excludes me from being loved or loving of another group of neighbors unlike myself, the "asiatic recent deboarders of naval crafts"

LORD, I pray, change my heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home